- Wireless Bluetooth streaming wirelessly connect up to 3 smartphones or tablets to the speaker & take turns playing surprisingly powerful
- Speakerphone - take crystal clear calls from your speaker with the touch of a button thanks to the noise and echo cancelling speakerphone
- Splash proof - splash proof means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even clean it with running tap water
- JBL connect - build your own ecosystem by connecting multiple JBL connect-enabled speakers together to amplify the listening experience
- JBL bass radiator - hear the bass, feel the bass, and see the bass
What’s in the Box?
The JBL Flip 3 of course, an orange Usb cable (mmhhh…..), a quick start guide, a safety sheet and a warranty card.
The speaker has a nice cylindrical shape that will allow you to slip it into a pocket or bag very easily. It is made of a strong and durable material, not a simple plastic like the Flip 2, which makes it easier to handle.
However, it is only splashproof and not waterproof: it will withstand some splashing, but do not completely plunge it into the water!
The speaker can be placed horizontally or vertically, and a wrist strap can be attached to the wrist for easier transport.
Blended into the fabric are the control buttons: Bluetooth pairing, volume control and take/end calls. Unfortunately there are no skip tracks buttons: you must skip tracks using your phone. Under the speaker you’ll find the power button, the JBL connect button, the Usb port and the Aux input. You will also find 5 Led lights to show how much battery power is left.
The sound produced is stereo, and 2 passive radiators allow it to deliver bass with a very good presence. The medium and high frequencies bring out the voices and instruments that are a little buried in the mix. High frequencies may be a little uncomfortable at high volume, but nothing very embarrassing.
The Flip 3 enjoys a good battery life of 10 hours, and only 3.5 hours for a full charge. Again, it’s a step forward from the Flip 2. And if you’re in a hurry, letting it charge for only 10 minutes will allow you to enjoy the speaker for over an hour.
The Flip 3 is equipped with Bluetooth 4.1: it can connect seamlessly with all smartphones and tablets on the market. However, its range of 10 meters is not very high.
The JBL Connect feature allows you to connect multiple speakers together. You also have a stereo mode if you connect 2 speakers together.
The Flip 3 is a real improvement from the Flip 2, offering a sound of very good quality and a solid and durable design. We just regret that it is not completely waterproof, and has a quite limited Bluetooth range. But given its performance, we found that it has a very good price/quality ratio.Buy on Amazon
Last update on %last_update% / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API