If you are the lucky owner of a Bluetooth speaker, you probably want to use it with your phone. Indeed, having the speaker is not enough: you have to supply it with music. To do this, there is nothing like a phone or tablet, connected to your favorite music streaming service.
In a previous article, we saw how to play music via a phone running on the Android operating system.
We will now explain how to do this operation with Apple’s phone.
Activate the Pairing Mode on Your Bluetooth Speaker
The first thing to do is to activate the pairing mode on your speaker so that it can be able to connect to your phone.
The handling is quite simple, although it may differ depending on the speaker model you have.
Hold Down the Power Button
Turn off your speaker and then turn it back on again by holding down the power button. The speaker should then indicate that it has entered pairing mode by emitting a flashing light or a distinctive sound.
Press the Pairing Button
Another option to switch to pairing mode is to press a dedicated button. In general, this type of button has the Bluetooth logo on it. By pressing this button, your speaker should emit a flashing light or sound, indicating that it has entered pairing mode.
Once this operation is completed, you will be able to pair your iPhone.
Connect Your speaker to Your iPhone
Don’t worry: you will only have to do this once. Once paired, the iPhone will automatically recognize the speaker.
- Put your speaker in pairing mode as explained above
- On your iPhone, open the Settings
- Select Bluetooth
- Make sure that the switch corresponding to Bluetooth is activated (green). It is located at the top right of the screen. If it is not activated, activate it by tapping on it
- Check the Other devices section and make sure that the name of your speaker is displayed in the list. Be patient, it may take a few seconds.
- Once it has appeared, type it to connect
- Wait a few seconds. The status should change to Connected
How to Connect Several Speakers Together
Some Bluetooth speaker models can be connected together to either achieve stereo sound or improve sound power.
However, in order to connect these speakers together, you must download and install the dedicated app provided by the speaker manufacturer.
Go to the Apple App Store to install the appropriate app, which must be indicated in the speaker’s user manual.