Would you like cycling but love music far more and require the proper pair of buds which will help you to keep both going at the very same time?
Effectively, in case you are searching for best headset for cycling, then you are at the appropriate spot though you have to take into account that in case you choose an incorrect headset it may harm you in the end just like the expansion audio isolation and enhanced technological advances in headset it is able to be very risky on the street.
Which means you want an earphone which will keep everything in check and it is an all rounder, that is exactly why considering all of the elements together with the budget the list of best headsets for cycling is right here.
AfterShokz Trek Air Cycling Headphones
Winner of the Innovation Award at the 2018 Running Show, the Trekz Air wireless headphones from the AfterShokz brand use bone conduction, or osteophony, to direct sound directly into the inner ear. Unlike conventional earphones, which are placed in the ear canal, the device has two transducers, which, once placed on the cheekbone, vibrate to transmit sound to the user without taking up the ear. This is a rather promising technology for sportsmen and urban people, which ensures music listening without cutting off the outside world.
When riding a bike, scooter or on foot, conventional earphones tend to completely isolate you from surrounding noise, which can be dangerous when facing motorists. Thanks to the Open Fit technology developed by the brand, the music in the headphones does not overwhelm the surrounding noise, allowing you to remain attentive to what’s around you.
While the headphones will not thrill demanding music lovers, they may be of interest to people with certain hearing disorders, as the osteophonia reaches the cochlea without passing through the eardrum. AfterSchokz also promises a much less aggressive listening experience, even for longer periods of time. This is partly true, since without damaging the eardrum, listening at too high a volume can also damage the cochlea. Even in bone conduction, it is therefore necessary to limit the volume and listening time.
Anker Soundbuds Curve Bluetooth Headphones
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Anker SoundBuds Curve Bluetooth headphones are aesthetically sober. They have a design suitable for sports use. There are thick, flexible ear hooks for stability and they are IPX5 certified. This means that they are protected against water jets from all directions. But they cannot be fully immersed in water, they are not waterproof.
The earphones are well made and inexpensive for this quality, they are robust enough to withstand shocks and falls. However, the remote control and the cable that connects the SoundBuds Curve could be better made. The cable is relatively thin, so be careful not to hang it up on anything.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve are closed type headphones. Don’t expect anything extraordinary from the sound side. The bass is deep and powerful, the midrange is clear and neutral, and the treble balances slightly with other frequencies. But the bass is too powerful, it stifles the other frequencies. This affects vocals and some instruments. Earphones are perfect for listening to music that emphasizes low sounds. You will enjoy your electro, hip-hop, rap music. The advantage of this kind of sound rendering is that they cover outside noise and motivate you when you do your sport.
The Anker SoundBuds Curve are not high-end headphones, but they do their job very well. They are lightweight and easily portable. IPX5 certified (protected against water jets from all directions). Once in place in your ear canals they are comfortable and the ear hooks / stabilizers provide a good fit. If you’re looking for affordable Bluetooth headsets for your sport the SoundBuds Curve will satisfy you.
Bose SoundSport Headphones
- A high quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive Stay Hear and tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge. Please refer the User Guide before use
For a first in the world of wireless sports headphones, Bose brings us a complete, high-performance product direct from Bose. Difficult to find better currently on the market, even if, as is often the case with the brand, you’ll have to break your piggy bank to afford them.
The audio quality is very good for dedicated sports headphones! The bass is well present and will allow you to enjoy your best Daft Punk during your cycling sessions!
These headphones don’t completely cut you off from the outside world and therefore let ambient noise pass through. It is a plus for outdoor practice to hear vehicles during your cycling.
Versatile, complete and delivering quality sound, the SoundSport will delight stakhanovists in training that follows long hours of effort.
They then have a product optimized to our practice.
The SoundSport wireless is available in 2 versions: Standard and Pulse (heart rate sensor).
Please note that you have a 30-day money back guarantee when you purchase from Bose, so you can take the time to make your choice!
Aukey Latitude Headphones
- CD-Quality Wireless Sound: Wirecutter-recommended in-ear headphones with aptX technology for purer wireless audio over Bluetooth 4.1 (with aptX-compatible devices). Get rich, robust sound with punchy...
- Stable & Comfortable Fit: Super-lightweight earbuds with three sizes of ear-tips and in-ear ear-hooks for a customized, firm fit with excellent noise isolation
- Extended Playtime: 8 hours of music (about 120 songs) or 240 hours of standby time on a single 1.5-hour charge
- Sports Earbuds Design: IPX4-certified water-resistant with internal nano coating to withstand sweat and rain on your run. For convenient carry, the earbuds magnetically fasten around your neck....
- Package Contents: AUKEY EP-B40 Bluetooth Earbuds, Micro-USB Cable, Three Pairs of Ear-Tips, Three Pairs of In-Ear Ear-hooks, Carrying Pouch, User Manual
This small nomadic object will be able to accompany you everywhere because its lightness will surprise you. It will no longer be a question of you doing sports with long strings that hang down and get caught in your dumbbells, for example. The same applies when you go out for a biking session. You will no longer have unsightly cords that hinder your stride.
Then, another positive point is none other than magnetism. Indeed, these earpieces are magnetic. Therefore, when you decide not to listen to your music anymore, you don’t need to put your earphones away to avoid losing them or having them slip down your neck.
Let’s come to the 3 types of earplugs and hooks of these Aukey Latitude’s. The earplugs and hooks that are offered to you are of totally different sizes.
So you can adjust them all according to the size of your ears to find the one that fits you best. Once you’ve found the right size, you’ll be surprised at how well the earphones fit. They fit snugly and blend discreetly into the quartilage of your ears. The earcups are very comfortable and ultra lightweight (13 grams). You hardly feel them when you exercise.
Regarding the features of the Aukey Latitude, as mentioned, the in-ear earphones are equipped with Bluetooth 4.1 (for aptX compatible devices). Pairing them with your smartphone couldn’t be easier. Just press and hold the middle button until it flashes blue and then red. A small beep will warn you that the earphones are on. Switch on the Bluetooth of your smartphone, connect to the earphones and that’s it. It’s very easy to use. You won’t need much high-tech knowledge to use this product.
Now let’s move on to the main thing: sound quality. The Aukey earphones delivers a rich, three-EQ quality sound. There’s good bass that’s immersive when you’re outdoors. When the bass is turned up to maximum, it’s more than enough for our hearing. There is also good treble. However, we could note the presence of a slight murmur in the background. Beware, it does not hinder and is really tiny. For a standard use, it does not disturb the user during his listening.
Aukey is still distinguished by its offer of three types of earplugs and hooks. You will have no difficulty in finding a hook that will perfectly fit your morphology. Finally, we would like to underline the simplicity of use of these ear plugs which are water resistant. You will still notice a light, undisturbed breath and a partial noise insulation when there is a lot of wind. But this is a detail. All in all, for headphones at less than 30 dollars, we are faced with an astonishing quality.
Senso ActivBuds S-250 Bluetooth Earphones
- TRUE HD HIGH FIDELITY SOUND Featuring latest Bluetooth 4.1 CSR technology and state of the art acoustic components that produce incredible sound quality with deep bass and crystal clear treble.
- COMFORTABLE AND SECURE FIT WITH IPX-7 WATERPROOF RATING - ActivBuds feature Ergonomically designed flexible ear hooks with gel flex silicone earbuds to ensure your headphones stay comfortably firm in...
- LONGEST BATTERY LIFE - The new and improved lithium polymer battery allows seamless enjoyment of music for up to 8 hours and 240 hours stand-by with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours.
- BLUETOOTH V4.1 WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY WITH CVC 6.0 NOISE SUPPRESSION TECHNOLOGY - Connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. With Noise Suppression technology focus on your...
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY AND BONUS ITEMS - Bonus Accessories with 1-Year Manufacturer's Warranty and 30 days no-questions-asked return policy. Value for money guaranteed, Buy the Senso ActiveBuds worry free...
The SENSO ActivBuds wireless earphones are equipped with thick, flexible ear hooks, with printed “L” and “R” letters to help you place them the right way round. Once placed around your ears, the hooks are not disturbing. To make insertion into your ear canals easier, the earmolds are angled. They do not penetrate deeply into your ears, you can wear the earphones for several hours at a time, there is no discomfort. To find the right fit, you will have to try the 3 pairs of silicone ear tips, there are 3 sizes available (S/ M/L). For us the pair of pre-installed tips fit our morphology very well, but this will not be the case for all users. The SENSO ActivBuds offer a stable fit thanks to the ear hooks. They won’t fall out of your ears, even when you’re doing intense sports activities. The earphones are IPX7 certified, which means they will not be damaged by rain or sweat. But beware they are not waterproof, you can’t submerge them completely in water.
The SENSO ActivBuds are closed type headphones. The bass is deep and powerful, they are too pronounced as they stifle the other frequencies. The midrange is unclear, it is really obvious in the voices and the treble lacks detail. At the same time we can’t expect anything extraordinary given the selling price of the headphones. It is rare, even unlikely to find an accurate and balanced sound reproduction on low-end sports earphones.
The SENSO ActivBuds S-250 are not equipped with an ANC (Active Noise Reduction) system, so they passively block ambient noise. It’s the fit in your ear canals that makes the difference. For us the insulation was not optimal. If you use the earphones in a noisy place, you will have to increase the volume to try to cover the surrounding noise. Even if you push the volume up you won’t disturb the people around you, because there is not much sound leakage. This is the advantage of a closed design.
Jaybird X3 Wireless Headphones
- MINI WIRELESS BUDS – The X3 Headphones by Jaybird are designed to be as small as possible without sacrificing performance and looks
- UNIVERSAL SECURE FIT –The patented silicone ear fins securely attach to the top and back/lower surface areas of the ear for a snug fit, locking the earbuds in during workouts and intense physical...
- SWEAT PROOF – Built to last with a sleek yet rugged design, the X3 Headphones are great for sports, workouts, and all weather conditions; Their hydrophobic nano coating will keep moisture away,...
- LONG BATTERY LIFE – Don’t let a low battery interrupt your day; The X3 has an 8 hour battery life; 15 minutes of charging gives you a full hour of playtime, so you’ll always be ready for...
- PERSONALIZED SOUNDS – The MySound App allows you to tweak and customize the sound of your X3 headphones for a personalized experience, and save them for later as a profile
Even if they are not the most discreet intra-sports they are still comfortable to wear. The manufacturer has integrated numerous ear tips (silicone and foam tips of different sizes) and stabilizers (3 sizes S/M/L) so that the Jaybird X3 can adapt properly to the morphology of your ears. You will need to take a few moments to try the accessories and find the right combo. Keep in mind that ear tips and stabilizers play an important role in comfort, fit, isolation and sound. So it is important to take your time in choosing them. Whether you wear the earphones the conventional way or upside down, the cable comes to the back of your head. The cable clamp and clip provided in the packaging will be useful to avoid movement and contact.
The Jaybird X3 is easy to use and Bluetooth pairing with your compatible devices is fast. If you’ve used this type of headset before, you won’t get lost. Either way, audio and voice prompts are there to guide you. The remote control placed on the flat cable has 3 buttons, the Freedom earphones are equipped with the same remote control. It offers the usual controls: play/pause, increase/decrease volume, pick up/unhook your phone calls, activate voice control and navigation between audio tracks. The buttons are responsive and well-spaced, so you’ll have no trouble distinguishing them by touch.
The Jaybird X3 has very good sound quality. The X3 is the third generation and you can immediately feel that there has been some work done on the previous models. A really clear sound with good bass as well. I listened to a little bit of everything to get a clear idea and I was totally won over by the sound quality and finish. Honestly for sports earphones, I really don’t have any comments to make on this point. Moreover, the JayBird My Sound application allows you to fine-tune the sound of the headphones so that they adapt to what you’re listening to.
The Comply insulating foam ear tips also provide near-perfect isolation from outside noise. This greatly enhances the listening experience because no other noise interferes with the music you’re listening to. But be careful during runs, being too isolated from the outside world can be dangerous, especially if you’re cycling in the city. Personally, I preferred to use silicone tips that isolate a little less during my runs in order to stay a minimum attention to what is happening around me.
Jabra Elite Active 65t Earbuds
- TRUE WIRELESS EARBUDS FOR AN ACTIVE LIFESTYLE – Wherever your day takes you, whatever your activity, it won’t get in the way of enjoying sports, music and calls. The Elite Active 65t are secure...
- PERSONALIZE YOUR SOUND – Whether you’re using these as Apple earbuds, Samsung earbuds or more, you can listen to your music the way you want to hear it, by personalizing your sound on the Jabra...
- NO AUDIO DROPOUTS – With Jabra’s 3rd generation true wireless stability, you can take calls and listen to music without worry about audio dropouts. And there are no pesky wires getting in the way...
- UP TO 15 HOURS OF USE – With up to 5 hours of battery on a single charge, and up to 15 hours in total with the included pocket-friendly charging case, your listening needs are met from the start of...
- TAKE WORK CALLS FROM HOME – Incredible 4-microphone technology offers best-in-class call performance, with up to 15 hours of battery for maximum productivity— even when you’re working or...
These are completely wire-free headphones, also known as True Wireless or Wirefree. It’s one more step in the quest for freedom and comfort. This is the second pair of this type that I am testing after the Apple AirPods that I still use every day and which are my favorite pair because they are so light and comfortable.
The second particularly important aspect is that they are in-ear headphones. Some people love them, others a little less. For me, it all depends on how you want to use the earphones. This type of design has several advantages, but also some disadvantages that I will address in this test.
The Jabra Elite Active 65t are IP56 certified, so they are protected against perspiration and dust*.
The advertised battery life is 5 hours on a single charge and an additional 10 hours with the compact charging case provided. This means that you can normally use it from morning to night without any worries.
The earphones are compatible with the Bluetooth 5.0 standard, which is excellent news for the product’s lifespan.
You instantly notice a lot of work on the audio. They are composed of 4 loudspeakers that will take care of the audio transcription. With impressive quality, there is a perfect balance between treble, midrange and bass, resulting in an incredibly clear sound without saturation that extends to maximum volume.
They impose a high listening quality, no matter what kind of music you’re listening to. The Elite Active 65t gives us the ability to discern the different instruments used in a song, while clearly transcribing the voices. The basses are well adjusted, but can be accentuated with the equalizer. At the treble and midrange level, nothing to say either, we will find a real balancing work.
Jabra’s Elite Active 65t has all the characteristics of a quality product. They offer advanced comfort, even during sports sessions, where they remain immobile and securely attached. Active noise reduction will create a real silence around you, cancelling out most wind noise, creating a perfect calm when the music is playing. In terms of audio, you are faced with a very worked out and clear sound, with neither bass nor treble, and which correctly emphasizes the midrange. They have the advantage of not adapting to a particular type of music (more focused on bass for example), but offer an equalizer allowing you to focus on what you prefer.
These headphones come with a 1-year warranty, as well as a 2-year warranty against dust and water-related malfunction. It is important that you use the application so that they have information about the malfunction. However, it should light up as soon as the earphones are connected, so if you have the application, you don’t have to worry.
Urbanears Stadion Earphones
- Meet your perfect fit team: stretchy coils adapt to the shape of your head, and ear click technology ensures your earbuds stay firmly in place inside your ears
- Bluetooth ready for cord-free listening and hands-free calls
- A single charge gives up to 7 hours of playback time. Use the hidden micro USB port to recharge like a pro.
- With all of the buttons you need around back, there's no reason to slow down. Use the 3-button control to click through your playlist, adjust volume, and pick up calls.
- Built-in reflectors keep you extra visible during late night runs and 3 AM walks with the dog. Connectivity Technology: Wireless-Bluetooth 4.0
Once in hand, you quickly realize how light the whole thing is (18 grams on the scale). You won’t have any trouble forgetting them when they are in place. The piece of plastic pressed against your skull will not bounce during the effort and you will not be bothered by the cables either. In fact, when you handle the Urbanears Stadion earphones, you’re quite fascinated by these famous spiral cables. They attract attention, but it’s also a very interesting design. The cables allow to adapt to all morphologies. They relax according to the size of the user’s head. Stretch cables also have a reflective part. You’ll be more easily visible when you do sports at night.
At the end of the cables there is a rubber element that is placed around your ears. This element allows the earphones to remain stable while you are playing sports. The rubber element is quite flexible, so it will also adapt to most body shapes.
The headphones are satisfactory in terms of construction and comfort, but what about sound performance? First of all, the Stadion have a semi-open design. When listening, outside noise is audible. So you remain aware of your surroundings at all times. People or cars won’t surprise you when you run. This keeps you safe. As the ear tips do not go deep into your ears, the sound is impacted. The isolation is reduced compared to in-ear earphones, but you get a shallower and more powerful bass. The low end of the spectrum lacks fullness, so lovers of deep bass will not be satisfied.
But the sound reproduction is still correct, the mid and high frequencies are clear and precise. The pleasant sound is powerful enough to motivate you during your sports training. Urbanears Stadion earphones do not suffer too much from distortion when you push the volume up. Still, pay attention to your eardrums. Listening at high volume is negative for your ears in the long run. The built-in microphone for hands-free calls is not of very good quality. This is often the case with Bluetooth headsets. It will be necessary to privilege quiet places to answer your calls.
You will be entitled to 7 hours of maximum autonomy with this model. You can know the battery level by holding the “+” and “-” buttons for 2 seconds. The LED inside the plastic hoop flashes red when the battery drops below 40%. It lacks precision, but the manufacturer has made an effort on this side. The battery is recharged via the micro USB port inside the plastic hoop.
The first pair of sports headphones designed by Urbanears is a success. The manufacturer has even shown ingenuity in terms of construction (extendable cable). The Urbanears Stadion have an atypical design, they are comfortable, stable and durable enough (7 hours of autonomy). They will satisfy all sports users who want to be aware of the outdoor environment during their training sessions.
Last update on 2020-05-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API