|Beats Studio 3||***||$$|
|Bose QuietComfort 35 II||***||$$$|
|Tribit Xfree Tune||***||$|
|KRK KNS 8400||*||$$|
It is often said that having a big head is a sign of intelligence. If this is your case, bravo! You may have above-average intellectual qualities.
On the other hand, having a prominent head can come with a few inconveniences, especially when it comes to choosing a Bluetooth headset for your particular body type.
Indeed, standard headsets are not really adapted to large heads: you may feel discomfort or even pain when you have the headset on your head, because it will be too tight if it doesn’t fit.
Rest assured, we have concocted a selection of headsets that, even if they are not specifically designed for people with larger than average skulls, will allow you to enjoy your favorite media with a listening comfort that is far superior to traditional headsets.
You may have to spend a little more than for standard headphones, but it’s worth it in terms of the comfort these headphones provide.
Bose Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones 700
- Powerful noise cancelling headphones: 11 levels of active noise cancelling let you enjoy music, podcasts, videos & calls without distractions
- Astonishing sound: Crisp, clear details. Deep, full bass. These wireless headphones produce exciting, lifelike sound that’s full and balanced at every volume level
- Unrivaled voice pickup: A revolutionary microphone system adapts to noisy and windy environments so your voice always sounds crystal clear on calls
- Keep your head up and hands free: With easy access to voice assistants like Alexa and Google Assistant for music, navigation, weather, and more, and intuitive touch control on the earcups — you can...
- Premium design and comfort: With a lightweight stainless steel headband and earcups tilted for the perfect fit, you can comfortably wear these bluetooth headphones for hours
For this new headset, Bose has completely redesigned its manufacturing processes to provide the most comfortable headphones possible.
The earcups are angled at 15° to conform to the anatomy of the head. So if you have a large head, you won’t have any comfort issues.
The headband is of course adjustable, by sliding it along the earphones. It’s made of steel, so it’s solid.
Its synthetic leather pads allow you a prolonged use without unpleasant sensation.
Overall, the sound reproduction is therefore excellent.
In addition to the audio quality, it also has several “usage” advantages over the competition, the first of which is the support of Bluetooth multipoint, which is one of its advantages over Sony.
This allows the headset to connect to several sources at the same time and thus switch from one to the other in the blink of an eye.
You’ll be able to switch from your phone on public transport to your computer when you’re at your desk.
The headset is also good on its autonomy of about 20 hours. Almost enough to hold a Paris – Auckland by plane. It recharges via USB C.
- Active Noise Reduction
- Great sound
- Multipoint Bluetooth
- 20-hour autonomy
Bose QuietComfort 35 II Bluetooth Headphones
- Three levels of world-class noise cancellation for better listening experience in any environment
- Alexa-enabled for voice access to music, information, and more
- Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear sound and voice pick-up
- Balanced audio performance at any volume
- Hassle-free Bluetooth pairing, personalized settings, access to future updates, and more through the Bose connect app. USB cable: 12 inch
The headset of the Bose QC 35 II is fairly compact with a circum-aural design, the earcups can also be swiveled flat inward and folded back toward the headband, and it’s lightweight (243 grams).
Its design is sober, in the lineage of the Bose headphones, its headband allows a great adaptability thanks to its resistance to tension or torsion and its extensibility. It will adapt to your big head without any problem!
It integrates Google Assistant & Alexa, with a dedicated button on the left earpiece.
It can connect to multiple devices simultaneously thanks to its NFC chip and Bluetooth 4.1.
A voice announcement to signal battery level and call reception is available and its battery provides up to 20 hours of battery life.
The Bose Connect (iOS / Android) mobile application is used to set up the headset.
Sound is balanced, rich and detailed with automatic digital equalization for a well-balanced, rich and detailed music experience, with full-bodied bass and well-defined highs.
- Compact design
- 20-hour autonomy
- Rich and detailed sound
- Not much improvements from the previous version
Beats Studio 3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) blocks external noise
- Up to 22 hours of listening time (up to 40 hours with ANC and transparency turned off)
- Features the Apple H1 Headphone Chip and Class 1 Bluetooth for extended range and fewer dropouts
- Compatible with iOS and Android
- Built-in microphone allows hands-free controls via “Hey Siri” on iOS devices, and voice capability with the push of the b button on a variety of compatible devices
Beats Studio 3’s adjustable headband will fit large heads very well (and small ones, too, for that matter). But be careful: it exerts a little more pressure on the top of the head, but this is counterbalanced by the integrated shock absorber.
The cushions have been reworked: they distribute the pressure around the ears completely evenly and are very comfortable, even if you have a big head!
They provide a good connectivity range, and can make sure you are able to keep up with the music of yours and calls with little fuss because of the business leading W1 chip with Class one Bluetooth connectivity in respect to range and power.
Of course, as with all Beats devices, sound quality is top-notch. Be prepared for a really great sound, punchy and with lots of bass! A real quality audio.
The unit carries up to twenty two hours of charge, which guarantees handy use.
- Active Noise Cancelling
- Apple H1 chip
- 22-hour autonomy
- Top sound
- Not much really!
Tribit XFree Tune Bluetooth Headphones
- Cnet's Award: Cnet calls it "The Best Headphones for 2020".
- Hi-Fi Stereo Sound: Dual powerful 40mm sound stage drivers deliver true-to-life audio with rich bass that's just like the real thing. Engineered with advanced passive noise reduction, not active noise...
- Comfortable Design: In order to achieve perfect fit and comfortable wearing experience, the wireless headphones were designed with adjustable headband, metallic slider and protein leather the...
- Never Power off: Built-in rechargeable battery with a full charge of 4 hours enables your beats go on for a whopping 40 hours playtime. You could spend much less time charging and absorb more time...
- Excellent Connection & Hands-free Call: CSR chips and Bluetooth 4.1 technology provides quick and stable connection with your device, the device attachment is processed immediately with no waiting....
The Tribit is a very comfortable headphone thanks to its headband and padded cushions with memory foam. Even with a large head, you won’t be embarrassed. The headphone will adapt to your morphology.
It’s greatly padded for additional comfort without impacting the quality of sound on provide. The memory foam ear cups as well as adaptable match combine with the Hi Fi audio to guarantee an unforgettable experience.
The Tribit XFree headset feature active noise cancellation, which limits outside impact when you’re listening to music. These openback headphones are really lightweight and permit handy use at home or perhaps on the street. The good quality CSR chip allows sustained connection to Bluetooth products with a range of up to thirty five feet.
- Hi-Fi sound
- 40-hour playtime
- Comfortable design
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Great price
Sure SRH440 Professional Studio Headphones
- Optimized for home and studio recording
- Closed-back, circumaural collapsible design
- Detachable, coiled cable
- Includes SRH440, Threaded 1/4" Gold-plated adapter, carrying bag, and user guide
- Enhanced frequency response delivers accurate audio across an extended range
The SRH440’s soft headband won’t squeeze your head too tightly, which is appreciated when your head occupies a large volume. On the other hand, it is quite strong and will withstand multiple manipulations. You will be able to spread it out to fit your head.
Here is an additional item from Shure, that is ideal for studio as well as home recording. These are closed back headset with a collapsible style and a 10 foot coiled cable.
Just like the different items on this list, you are able to change the ear cup pads, as well as make use of the item for numerous years. The great thing here’s that these headset is truly affordable as compared to the other versions. Nevertheless, they are able to still support a pretty big head.
Lots of customers compared these low-cost headphones for big heads along with other versions, and it turns out that these provide the best organic sound. Yeah, really, the sound quality is more than good.
Nevertheless, a number of customers with large heads complained that the headband cushion is simply too thin and that you are able to feel the clear plastic bars behind the cushioning. That is a thing you will have to change to if you have a really large head.
- Great sound quality
- Possible to change the ear cup pads
- Detachable cable
- Headband cushion is too thin
- Isolation is not very good
KRK KNS 8400 On-Ear Headphones
- Detachable in-line volume control
- Voiced to remain true to the character of KRK’s class leading studio monitors, developed with 25 years of years of experience in studio sound.
- The latest reference quality frequency response for closed-back, circum-aural dynamic headphones.
- Newly developed headphone acoustical system bringing a new level of headphone performance for the first time.
- Utilizing the latest in acoustic memory foam technology this ensures class leading performance in both reproduction and isolation.
KRK has been producing high quality headset for numerous years, and this’s among the most comfy versions of closed backs. The strain on the ears will be simply about right, and the pads are actually great, so that they could accommodate large ears also.
There is nonetheless a small bit of stress, though nothing at all that could make you feel uncomfortable after a quick while. If perhaps you change the headset periodically, you are able to pay attention to music in comfort for a lot of hours at a time.
But realize that these’re to be utilized largely for music creation, therefore do not think about them to be the typical customer headset.
- Very comfortable for large heads
- Great pads
- Reasonable price
- Dedicated to music creation
It is hard to do the job, create music, pay attention to podcasts, or perhaps enjoy the life of yours when food is squeezing the head of yours as difficult it is intending to pop, especially for people born with big heads.
Thankfully, numerous items available on the market show up to rescue as well as let you’ve a far more comfy listening experience.
Anyway, I hope you found this review of headphones for big heads and large heads interesting and useful.
Image by Clker-Free-Vector-Images from Pixabay
Last update on 2021-10-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API